1. Who need to obtain a visa? & What documents will be required?
Attendees should check the website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan if they need to get a visa in order to enter Japan and what documents you need to prepare for.
<Website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Japan>
• Since it takes time for obtaining visa, we suggest you to contact
the Japanese Embassy/Consulate-Generalwith jurisdiction over your place
of residence immediately to make sure what you need to prepare for.
• It may take 4 weeks for the documents to reach you after you complete
the online application. (7-14 days for the documents’ preparation
and 10-14 days for sending documents.)
• It may takes more than a month to obtain a VISA after the application.
2. Documents prepared by inviting person/guarantor in Japan
On behalf of inviting person / guarantor in Japan, Kinki Nippon Tourist Co., Ltd. (KNT) will send you the following documents:
- Letter of guarantee
- Letter of reason for invitation
- Schedule of stay
- Certificate of enrollment of Inviting Person
3. Apply for Visa documents
Applying for visa documents can be made online at "Online Application". You must have a valid email address in order to make an online application. All communication with regard to your application will be sent via e-mail. After submitting the online application, you will receive an e-mail confirmation that the submission of your application is successful. However, please note that receiving the e-mail does not imply your application are confirmed. Your application of visa documents will be confirmed after the organizing committee verifies that you are entitled to receive the documents.
[Conditions for the issuance of the documents]
• Attendees whose abstract has been accepted.
• Attendees who have paid their registration fee in full.
Photocopy of your passport is also required for the process. As soon as the required data and passport copy are received and the above conditions are confirmed, the Conference Secretariat will start the process of issuing the documents for you. This process usually takes a few weeks.
When the official documents are ready, it will be sent to you by express delivery service.
You shall then present it at the Japanese embassy in your country in order to receive a visa for the Congress.